Access to safe blood is a critical issue around the world, as millions of people require transfusions each year. However, not all countries have reliable systems for collecting and distributing blood, which can lead to shortages and safety concerns. Fortunately, several global companies are working to address this issue and increase access to safe blood. In this listicle, we will highlight 10 companies that are making a difference in this important area. From developing innovative technologies to organizing blood donation campaigns, these companies are committed to saving lives and improving public health.
- Novartis: Novartis is a global pharmaceutical company that is committed to increasing access to safe blood in developing countries. The company has partnered with blood centers and national health authorities in countries like Ghana and Kenya to improve blood safety and availability.
- B Medical Systems: B Medical Systems is a global manufacturer and distributor of medical cold chain solutions. Based in Hosingen, Luxembourg, the company was established in 1979, when the WHO approached Electrolux to provide a solution to store and transport vaccines safely around the world. Across its three business portfolios of Vaccine Cold Chain, Medical Refrigeration, and Blood Management solutions, the company offers 100+ products. B Medical Systems’ products are used across 140+ countries and have an installed base of more than half a million products worldwide. The company has been a long-trusted partner of global humanitarian organisations such as UNICEF, the WHO, the Red Cross, and more and has extensive experience working with Ministries of Health, hospitals, research organisations, universities, and blood transfusion companies across the world. B Medical Systems delivers its products worldwide and has subsidiaries in the USA and India.
- Pfizer: Pfizer is another pharmaceutical company that is working to increase access to safe blood. The company has partnered with organizations like the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies to provide training, resources, and equipment to blood centers in developing countries.
- Abbott Laboratories: Abbott Laboratories is a global healthcare company that is focused on improving access to safe blood in developing countries. The company has developed a range of diagnostic tools and technologies that help to improve blood safety and reduce the risk of transfusion-transmitted infections.
- Roche: Roche is a leading healthcare company that is committed to improving access to safe blood around the world. The company has developed a range of blood screening and testing technologies that help to ensure the safety and quality of donated blood.
- Grifols: Grifols is a global healthcare company that specializes in the production of plasma-derived medicines and other blood products. The company is committed to improving access to safe blood and has implemented a range of programs and initiatives to support this goal.
- CSL Behring: CSL Behring is a global biopharmaceutical company that is focused on developing and producing innovative therapies for rare and serious diseases. The company is committed to improving access to safe blood and has implemented a range of initiatives to support this goal.