Bengaluru, India, 31st October 2023 Embassy Office Parks REIT (NSE: EMBASSY / BSE: 542602) (‘Embassy REIT’), India’s first listed REIT and the largest office REIT in Asia by area, reported results today for the second quarter ended September 30, 2023.
Aravind Maiya, Chief Executive Officer of Embassy REIT, said,
“We’re delighted to report a record quarter of leasing of 2 msf. For the first half of FY2024, we have successfully leased 3.1 msf, and the outlook for the full year looks promising, bolstered by a record leasing pipeline of 2.5 msf. We’re also very pleased to further strengthen our long-standing partnership with one of our largest clients at Embassy GolfLinks, a testament to our commitment to provide best-in-class workspaces to our occupiers. This coupled with the strong leasing momentum in the business, has resulted in a revised leasing guidance of 6.5 msf for FY2024 from the earlier announced 6 msf.”
The Board of Directors of Embassy Office Parks Management Services Private Limited (‘EOPMSPL’), Manager to Embassy REIT, at its Board Meeting held earlier today, declared a distribution of ₹524 crores or ₹5.53 per unit for Q2 FY2024. The record date for the Q2 FY2024 distribution is November 03, 2023, and the distribution will be paid on or before November 10, 2023.
- · Leased record 2 msf across 25 deals including 1.2 msf of new leases; Signed 7 new deals over 100k sf reflecting a return of large deal closures
- · Significant demand from Global Captive Centres (GCCs) accounting for over 70% of total leasing activity
- · Bengaluru and Mumbai led the demand, contributing 90% of the total leasing in the quarter; 90%+ occupancy levels across 50% of our properties with Embassy 247 in Mumbai 100% occupied
- · Revenue from Operations grew by 4% YoY to ₹889 crores
- · Delivered distributions of ₹524 crores or ₹5.53 per unit, marking the 18th consecutive quarter of 100% payout
- · Achieved lowest 121 bps spread over G-Sec and secured first-time participation from pension funds in the ₹1,000 crores new NCD issuance; Strong balance sheet with lowest average cost of debt in the industry at 7.4% and dual AAA/Stable credit ratings
Operational & Development Highlights
- · Delivered 1 msf new office tower in Bengaluru; 7.1 msf total development portfolio of which ~90% is in Bengaluru, expected to yield around 20% return on cost spends
- · Hospitality business continued to perform strongly with 52% occupancy, 24% YoY ADR growth and an EBITDA of ₹37 crores; Robust NOI margins of close to 50% at the 3 Hilton hotels
- · Ranked number one in India by GRESB for public disclosures, and awarded a 5-star rating for the entire 45 million square feet office portfolio for the second consecutive year
Investor Materials and Quarterly Investor Call Details
Embassy REIT has released a package of information on the quarterly results and performance, that includes (i) condensed standalone and condensed consolidated financial statements for the quarter and half year ended September 30, 2023 (ii) an earnings presentation covering Q2 FY2024 results, and (iii) supplemental operating and financial data book that is in-line with leading reporting practices across global REITs. All these materials are available in the Investors section of our website at www.embassyofficeparks.com.
Embassy REIT will host a conference call on October 26, 2023 at 18:30 hours Indian Standard Time to discuss the Q2 FY2024 results. A replay of the call will be available in the Investors section of our website at www.embassyofficeparks.com.